On January 12th, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck the country of Haiti with an epicentre near Port-au-Prince. In the coming weeks and months, health librarians will be asked to provide assistance in locating information to assist with recovery efforts and complex health issues arising from the quake. This guide will provide a starting place for information. Additionally, the National Library of Medicine (U.S.) announced on January 25th that it would begin an Emergency Access Initiative (EAI) to provide free access to full text articles (see ) from January 25, 2010 to February 19, 2010 from major journals for healthcare professionals, librarians, and the public affected by the disaster.
- Canada for Haiti (social media tracking....)
- Canada Haiti Action (CHA)
- Canada - Haiti relations
- Canadian Centre for Emergency Preparedness (CCEP)
- Canadian Disaster Database
- Disaster Recovery Information Exchange (DRIE)
- Emergency Preparedness Canada
- Emergency Preparedness - Vancouver
- Health Canada - Emergency Preparedness
- Operation HESTIA in Haiti
- World Vision Canada
- NLM's Specialized Information Services - Haiti earthquake resources
- FEMA Disaster Information
- NLM’s Disaster Information Management Center
- Center for International Disaster Information
- Cochrane Evidence Aid: resources for Haiti earthquake
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Wikipedia. 2010 Haiti Earthquake.
Commenting on this Blog entry is closed.